Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I do! I bought that xenon conversion kit off of ebay. 46.00 shipped anywhere. The standard auction kit is for 37 + 9 shipping. These things are very bright! I just plugged one in a few ago.. (its 1:am, no time to change they). It was very bright and very white. It dwarfed the stock sealed beam lights and was much more luminiecent or something.. I'll be back with some more hopefully compliments on these kits. I always do a search on ebay for suzuki samurai. Thats my main search query..
nite all..

got zook?
http://www.geocities.com/bik3r
29x10.5x15 SS TSL *SX*, Calmini Header, SPOA, Lights, Dupicolor, Z-bar, diamond plate rockers, tubes front, rear, & sides!

·
Registered
477 Posts
Technically, it's a noble gas like neon and argon, not a brand or trademark. When an electric current is applied to the gas it excites an electron. This electron must get rid of it's energy and therefore jumps to the next orbital. This causes energy, in the form of light, to be released. FYI, I've got a degree in Chemistry. :cool:

1988.5 Zuk: OD Green Paint, ARB Bumper, OME Lift, 1.6 engine, ISKY DP Cam, Weber Carb, CF II Clutch, 4.16 Transfer, etc.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Oh, I see... so what you are basically telling us is that the angle of the dangle is directly proportional to the heat of the beat?!?!

I ran across those while surfing for a replacement halogen headlight for my Samurai. I might have to go to eBay and bid on a set now. Thanks for the heads up.

87' Samurai/1.6 Tracker/40mm Mikunis/header/2" exhaust/5.5" SPOA/shackle lift/CJ-Sami springs/Cross over steering/4" Pitman arm/31x13.50 TSL-SX/Pumpkin caps/Roll cage and bumpers in progress...

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
If you want bright lights, you want the H4 conversion bulbs. Then you can run any H4 bulb you'd like, check out Hella they make a great lens assembly, but I think PIAA makes better bulbs.

93 Tracker, ProComp, Calmini, 31's, Thorley, K&N, etc...

G

·
Just for thought. I am an Electronics Tech for the US Coast Guard and have used this project in a couple of my vehicles. Once while in high school electronics class, we had to build a project to pass the class. I built an automobile alarm system with some additives, one of which was a strobing xenon tube in the dash just below the speedometer. The flash was so bright that there was no way to drive the car if you stole it. It would also attract LOTS of attention when flashing. Just make sure you can turn the system all the way off when it's not armed...wouldn't want it going off while YOU were driving!
R/T

88 Samurai, 1300 bored .020,Power Punch II head w/1600 exhaust valves,Low End AAPA cam,Weber,Calmini Header,2" Exhaust System,31/13.50/15 Baja Belted Radials

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
commonly called a photon.. <G>
These things are very bright! I'll get a pic for yall..

got zook?
http://www.geocities.com/bik3r
29x10.5x15 SS TSL *SX*, Calmini Header, SPOA, Lights, Dupicolor, Z-bar, Xenon lights, diamond plate rockers, tubes front, rear, & sides!

·
Registered
249 Posts
the JC sloppyfits...opps whitney are junk.It looks like they took the casting right off of a hella unit and the pushed the sand around to cover up the name .Made in china.junk.I have customers bring these in to replace hella units that cost hundreds of dollars thinking they are the same.Some I can't even get the retainer ring around the castings are so bad

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.