Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking for the book value of a 1975 CJ5. All I know is that the outside is VERY clean. It has an inline six. Brand new soft top. New brakes. Runs good. They are asking 2600 for it, but haven't had any takers and are saying they are going to trade it in tomorrow (FRIDAY). I think its a bluff. The trade in value cant be more than a few hundred...right?? I think 2600 is a little steep...but [email protected] its a nice looking jeep! I tried Kelly Blue Books site, but they dont list vehicles older than like 1980... the retail on an 80's model is 900, and trade in is 400. I figured the 1975 model would be close to that, but I wanted to confirm.

Does anyone know the list price of the 1975 model CJ5???

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
I don't think ou can go by KBB or the others, its a jeep thing. If its in as nice a shape as you say, $2600 doesn't sound that bad. Its hard to find an old 5 with a clean body and no rust etc. How about the frame and everything else, are they in good shape?

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
i dont think you're going to find a blue-book equivalent for that old a vehicle...i know NADA doesnt go that far back either.

if everything is really clean and nice and no rust holes in the frame then 2600 isnt that bad...

if it does need work, it'll drop in price fast....1200-1500 isnt unusual for ones that need minor work....

if it need major work (engine, trans, shot frame etc) then it drops well beloww 1000.

Check for Bondo....you dont want that....i made that mistake with my first heep.....bondo ended up cracking and looked like crap, even though it looked clean when i bought it, vehicles with new paint scare me now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

good luck!

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Do you know the value of a 1975 CJ5??

[/ QUOTE ]

depending on your areas pricing... somewhere between $100.00 and $5000.00 depending on condition..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

·
Registered
292 Posts
a friend of mine just bought one has a winch needs paint good tires with bikini top and soft top 304 in it and needs a lot of wiring work $3500 so i would snach that up

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
I'd pay that in a heartbeat for a clean 75. I think 75 was the first year with the wider springs and wider frame rails in the ass but maybe it was 76. I think the T18A started in the 76 model year. It's easy to identify if you crawl under it - it will read T18A right on the side of the tranny. If, the body is that good, it has a new top and a T18 - jump on it.

·
Official Historian
8,339 Posts
55-71, 72-75, 76-83. Those are the years of similarity.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
We gave 1200.00 for our 74

1 - 14 of 14 Posts