Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about getting a set of Rancho 9000s with the in cab controller and was wondering if you had to have the air compressor run everytime you started the Jeep, or does it stay set on whatever setting you give it until you change it wether the compressor is running or not?

TIA

/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif mnt /wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif

·
Registered
125 Posts
It stays where you put it. You only run the compressor if you want a higher setting.

91 wrangler 4.0 SOA,All borla,jet chip,rancho 9000s in cab random tech, M.O.R.E. steering kit, K&N, accel coil,sloted drilled rotors,four wheel disc, add a leaf,wrangler dual bat in cab optimas,

G

·
Mine leak down after a day or so. I haven't gone to the trouble to find the leak yet. I will soon. I don't notice much difference when I jump in and take off with no pressure than when it is on 3. For a CJ, I wouldn't get the controller. I would get out and adjust them when I went off road.

I'm sure I need to replace the little o-rings in the connectors.

85 CJ7,Chevy LT-1,700R4,NP208,4 1/2 lift,33's
77 Blazer,350 Cowl Induction,TH350,NP203 8", 33's

·
Registered
292 Posts
I had the dual controller on a truck I had. The idea is to set it at one setting and not run the compressor until you want to change it. The whole system would leak down after a few days. Also the air lines were hard plastic and got brittle over time. If you have to have their system, usesome better plumbing parts. If you have OBA you might be able to make your own controller...

Lugnut 77 cj5

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
Iv'e been very lucky. No leaks at all so far. The on-board is great when you are driving. On Highway, you have 'em at 1 or 2, then when you are in the mountains w/ the curvy roads, pump them up a notch for better handling.

The $$ I spent for the in cab was worth it, I hated to crawl under my CJ everytime I needed a change. And half the time I dialed them wrong anyway.

Take your time installing, it pays off later..

Scott
'85 CJ7 T.H.O.R.

G

·
How durable is the RS9000 w/ the in cab control. Will they handle the stress of off road. Like mud, water, dirt and all that mess. I'm afriad of the system failing because of stress from these envirnments. If anyone knows how durable they are please let me know.

Blake Cannon
94YJ 4banger. 4" lift. 33s. Winch. 4.56. Rear Detroit.

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
The system is very durable, depending on how you route the hoses. I have had my system for 5+ years with no problems. Of course you need to make sure there is enough play in the hoses for your articulation, which will equate to a possible hang-up on debris.

Scott
'85 CJ7 T.H.O.R.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts