Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for info. on swapping the 5-bolt hubs on my CJ to 6-bolt from an earlier CJ, I dont want to spend the 230-250 for Warns kit, My questions are what parts do I need? and a good source for parts? Thanks again as always.

AustnJPR

http://www.geocities.com/austnjpr/

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
He is right.

All the 5-bolt parts interchange with the six-bolt hubs. All you have to do is get the rotors from your fives pressed onto the sixes. Then you will need a set of six-bolt lockouts. I still have a set of used six-bolt hubs and Warn lockouts if you want them. I think I am going to wait and do the Warn conversion.

TOM85CJ7

85 CJ7-4.2L,T-176,D300,2.5" lift,32"BFG MT,Durabak,York-Air,HEI?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I went for the Warn hubs after figuring the cost of new 6 bolt hubs and locking hubs to be the same. Yes used hubs are available and are cheaper, but they are prone to bending on the wheel flanges and watch out for stripped out bolt holes. The Warn hubs don't use bolts that can loosen or break and the flanges are much sturdier than the stock hubs. Also, the late model CJ front hub caps fit over them perfectly if you are still using stock rims, they won't fit the six bolt hubs. Just my 2 cents worth, good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.