Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just need to know if I really need the front track bar on my 95 YJ. I have a 4" lift on it and I already pulled the rear track bar off. The vehicle is mostly a daily driver(just for info). Thanks for the help

Rich

Richard
I don't have to like what you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
I can tell the difference on the hwy without mine attached(although my 89 very rarely does much Hwy travel), I leave mine on except when doing extreme trails. I have about a 6" SOA lift, I also use the sway bars on the road most of the time. They all get disconnected for Rock Crawlin,it only take a few minutes.
Jeff
89 Wrangler

·
Registered
4,060 Posts
I get mild bumpsteer without my tracbar attached, and notice some swaying at high speeds (70-90, but I dont have the sway-bar either.) If you reverse the shackles you will no longer have any need for a trac-bar...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
unbolt the axle end and tie it up. then run it on the freeway to test it out. if you like it, take it all the way off. if not just put it back on. takes only a few minutes. i took mine off and i am ok. just depends on the angle of your steering as to how much it will affect bumpsteer. i have no trackbar, 4" lift, and not drop pitman arm. enjoy the flex!
daily driver.. to and from college, highway miles.

'95 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
33"s, snorkel, 1000 RTI, Warn xd9000i

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.