Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just lifted my 95 with 4" of lift. I have not purchased the tires or rims yet because I need to know if I need to order the rims with a different backspacing than the ones that come from the showroom. What I would like to do is keep the tires as far under the fenders as possible without limiting my turning radius or getting any rubbing. I plan on 33x12.5 tires and I haven't decided on which type yet. Also I would like to get a shackle reversal and have priced a few for around $200. Is this the norm or am I looking in the wrong place. And what should I expect to pay to have it installed.

For those who fight for it, peace has a flavor the protected will never know.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
My suggestion is to give some tire places a call. I just ordered a set of tires/rims from National Tire. They were really nice and took time to explain how to measure my backspacing and told me what I wanted to get. I feel it also depends on which tire and size rim you get.

1997 TJ w/ 33's & 1984 CJ7 w/35's
http://members.aol.com/a4x4jeeper/

·
Official Historian
8,340 Posts
4 inches of lift might not be enough with a shackle reversal unless the front axle is moved forward a little. i have a 4 inch lift and a shackle reversal and get a little rubbing on the back of the fenders. i've also had mine since 95 and i think they all move the spring forward slightly now. mine mounted the axle in the same location as stock. just something to check into.

79/CJ-7/AMC360/TH400/Q-TRAC/d30/d44/33's/RS9000s/Herculiner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.