Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats the best DIY bedliner out there. I would like to spay it on with an undercoating gun, Im way too lazy for all that damn rolling. Duplicolor seems to be the cheapest, most available one on the market. And I had Duplicolor on my steel tub(R.I.P.), never had a problem with it. But, alot of you guys say it's not so good...Im just wondering why??? I mainly need it for sound insulation, I plan on laying some treadplate in the bed. I priced some Heculiner...sweet Jesus.....half the product for twice the price? Is it really THAT much better? I cant seem to find a distributor for Durabak, they have some cool colors, though. I have to share a funny on this topic; I called a Rhino-Liner place in the Detroit area, told them I'd bring the tub to them already masked, and I wanted the interior, underside and firewall done. They told me "about $1500, maybe a little less". Mother of God! Do I pull down my pants first? Or do they just rip a hole in the ass? I'm in the wrong business. Thanks in advance.
-Blake

Holy sh*t thats a long way down!

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Whoa, with comments like that I don't want to know what buissness your already in.

lol j/k

I was looking at the same stuff.
So hurry up and answer people.

BTW, It would be possible to Coat my whole tub with a liner right? Inside & out.
I think that would look swank.

Do you think insurance will cover the carb if it some how "teleports" behind the tires of a 350 with dualies?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have the durabak in mine, it 's pretty nice. A little hard on the bare feet though!! I bought mine off the net about 3 years ago and it was $100.00 a gallon for grey back then.As much welding and body work as I've had to do to it, it sure has made it a PITA!! A torch takes it off pretty good though..Holds up fine for wear and tear, but I wouldnt put it on the outside...You'd never get it clean after the first mud hole..

It's as close to a 1ton as it can get and still be a jeep!!! Gotta love it!!

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
blaker,

maybe they would do it for "around 1000,-" if you bring the bedliner with the tub as well ... and do the job for them...

:eek:D

anybody got "tar and feathers" ????

alfred

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've used both Lava-liner and Herculiner. The Lava doesn't have much texture, just what ever form it takes from the roller. Herc has little rubber pieces in it to add texture. The Lava has held up great and never faded living in my CJ3B's interior. The Herc however faded and is starting to decay a bit. It lives in the back of my pickup and sees Colorado sun and snow. After one year, I think I need another coat (I only put one on originally). The Lava was $140 by mailorder and the herculiner was $80 on sale at pepboys (both for a gallon).

My name is Ted, and I'm a Jeep-a-holic. /wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif
[email][email protected][/email]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've used both Lava-liner and Herculiner. The Lava doesn't have much texture, just what ever form it takes from the roller. Herc has little rubber pieces in it to add texture. The Lava has held up great and never faded living in my CJ3B's interior. The Herc however faded and is starting to decay a bit. It lives in the back of my pickup and sees Colorado sun and snow. After one year, I think I need another coat (I only put one on originally). The Lava was $140 by mailorder and the herculiner was $80 on sale at pepboys (both for a gallon).

My name is Ted, and I'm a Jeep-a-holic. /wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif
[email][email protected][/email]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts