Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, we made it back... I saw Ricochet at tellico, but the Elusive/Jeepgod team pussed-out apparently...bwahaha

10 days of pounding n thrashing. The big damage was wasted on the tow vehicle...The mighty 700R started puking up blood and gears in KNOXVILLE...but we drove it to the trailhead anyway. : ) We saved the case anyway.

Other Parts we left there were...1 shortside inner axle, 1 joint for the above, 1 windshield and frame, and a whole lotta shock oil... I had a problem pulling a shock apart, so I called Doetsch...some help, not the answer I wanted tho. ...we ended up agreeing to keep stuffing oil into it and to put a diaper on it on until I can send it in. : )
( the locals loved that )...

Here's a pic of my triumphant and prideful descent down guardrail rock. (just moments before I went flying down the mountain with the throttle at WFO.) : 0 ...more on that later ; )

Attachments

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry for the crappy post..I'll make this the last pic.

Here I am, (sporting my "Smart ass white boy" hat) gloating over a near perfect run up the bottom of #2, while TJ thrashes his beast for 15 min., on a small pebble. ; )

ps.. that's supposed to be a bicep above my elbow (camera problem).

Attachments

·
Registered
661 Posts
Lets see some more! Lets hear about the flight! Come On! No teasin /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

(tryin to live vicariously through dirtrod)

BigHG
84 CJ7

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok...Here I am trying to explain to what holds my axles to the frame, while a very proud man stands by his creation... this is near the helocopter pad, where I rolled the beast.
It started up and I tried again, it was running great so we left for guardrail...There was a parking problem at the bottom of guardrail, and I was parked on top of a 3' ledge. When dan pulled ahead I hopped in mine and went to start it (without my seatbelt)...The freaking throttle stuck, and when I looked down to see wtf was up, my foot moved the .0125" that the new clutch seems to call good enough, and I launched ! My ass was nearly at the headrest of the seat while I tried to hit the kill switch and turn the monster back onto the runway. My buddy dan tried to give me room on the left, while I was aiming for his rear bogger. He hit a tree, and my fairlead hit his tail light and stopped. whew ! ... I found the cablestop for the dash throttle had been pinched to the airfilter base in the roll.

NEXT !

edit...of course the warden didn't get a pic of the roll...sheesh

Attachments

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sporting my new windshield and frame, on saturday 1 week after the roll-over I finally crest that pos rock at the helo pad. Ahhh... now I can sleep at night.

Attachments

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
This is the guy that went before my 2nd run at helo... didn't help my butter fly problem at all.

If you look real close, you can see me blowing chunks out the door opng. (in the background.) ; )

Attachments

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Tellico is only a dream to us flatlanders, thanks for the pics. Looks like you rig and driving ability can keep up with the Tellico locals, good job.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm beat, Last pic here...

This po-boy is not real happy with his Warn Black diamond "kit" ...he has replaced nearly everything on it due to breakage... and still can't get no droop.
We only teased him for a few days, then he started rippin on it himself, so we backed off... : )

Best Part of the trek had to be when we heard that the kingsh*t in the TJ with the 6" rubicon kit and the $12,000 Dynatrac axles rolled hard on slickrock...he was a dick, and the jeepgods sent him home early : ) buh bye bigshooter, come back when you learn to smile. hehe

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Err..the pic.

Tellico has something for everyone...some guy in a real pretty stock jeep with lockers and a winch, hung with us for a long time

Attachments

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

hope this worked!/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif
i knew there were some ROCKS out your way- glad you found them! and all that SHADE! nice pics- thanks for sharing. ain't it a blast to pound the ROCKS?/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

steve

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.