Off Roading Forums banner

Dirt cheap flush mount tail lights

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  RocknCJ 
#1 ·
I found these at wal-mart for 5.96 a piece..which is a big difference from the 20 they want for normal jeep tail lights.
I hav eno idea how i'm going to cut the hole..but I imagine these things will look pretty slick if I ever get them in.

Its four wheel drive and naked women what more do you want?
-Dirt Dog
SWB BBS Member Page!(exclamation)
http://www.shortwheelbase.com

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Just drill a hole and use a sabre(hand jigsaw) to cut it. The lip over the edge will cover any imperfections. Easy to put in and look / work great.

29" Thornbirds, pine air freshener, 401 to 2.5 conversion
dirtdog@shortwheelbase.com

G
#3 ·
I've got tail lights just like that in my CJ7, got them at Wallmart too. Just do like DirtDog says and cut a hole leaving enough lip for the light to bolt to. I've had mine for about 3 years. Had to replace one because water got in and froze then cracked the socket thing. I just got a whole new light and put some silicone on it to seal it up better. I think I prefer the look of the original style, but these are better protected from stuff and at that price how could you go wrong.

G
#5 ·
Ive got lights like that on my cj6 as well. They are a lot nicer in my opinion than the original ones. Mine however were on it when I got the jeep so I guess I dont exactly know first hand what its like with the stick out ones.

#7 ·
Just something else to cloud the water. If you go to a truck or trailer supply. you can get a 4" round light for about 7 or 8 bucks . Installs with a simple rubber surround. Easy to install and requires no tools to replace it. Best thing though, its totally sealed. Never have to worry about rust, corrosion or freezing. When the bulb burns out, you replace the whole light. About 5 bucks (light only/no rubber surround). /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

RocknCJ /wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif

for those who would trade a little freedom,
for a little security
...will soon find they have neither. /wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.