Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, I have stripped one of those stupid torx head bolts. I did get it out though. My question is where in the world can I find replacement bolts with standard bolt heads on them? I have been to 3 different places and none had the correct bolt pattern or length. It is off the rear of a 1983 CJ-7 with a AMC 20.

· Registered
128 Posts
I changed those bolts a while back,I went to the local mega hardware store.They have an incredible selection of bolts.I picked up some stainless bolts,I cant remember the exact thread of the bolts,but it is common.Just bring one of your bolts with you and compare!Good luck

Ben

· Registered
4,675 Posts
I did it years ago too, LOWES had them i think ( watch out!) they were 1/4 20TPI, but keep int mind the 4 surrounding the axle tubes have to be shorter than the rest of htem, or they all have tp be short, I bought all the same length and the 4 holes surrounding the 3 OCLOCK and 9 OCLOCK positions I had to stack washers behind since they bottomed out.

not sure about the 1/4 20, but I KNOW it was a standard dia/pitch

OzarkJeep
In need of a T18 tranny!

· Registered
4,757 Posts
i really didn't have any trouble at all.. i found some stainless bolts at a hardware store and they look great

~~Elusive~~
it's sort of still a cj thingy....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.