Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I need a half top for my Wrangler ... Does anyone have any thoughts on the safari type that covers the rear seats or the Smittybilt bikini top that has built in pockets? Are they worth it? I'm trying to be cheap here ...

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
Ebay.

The one that covers the back seats is nice, thought I thought I wouldn't like it. Now since it is on, I don't take it off my CJ.

·
Registered
630 Posts
i just bought the smitybuilt half top for my 89 it looks cool but you need all the soft top brakets or it will not have any attachment around the doors and the rear of the doors

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Brackets? Doors? The bikini tops I've seen just go into the windshield channel same as the softtop does, and I only have half doors.

I ended up with the longer top. We'll see how she looks.

Oh, and lomodyj, I DO go topless. Every day. The bikini top just gets stowed under the seat in case of a quick cloudburst. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

·
Official Historian
8,339 Posts
Most of the summer, one or the other of mine is just half doors, bikini top and duster. I found a bikini, duster and windjammer on ebay last year for about $95.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, I'm going to look for a windjammer. I wanted the top soon so I got it through a friend whose dad runs a 4x4 shop. I can always get the windjammer later. Duster--is that the tonneau cover thing?

Now, my question about this other top I got that didn't fit: Is there any top that fits on there without having to run through the rail on the windshield? The one I got off craigslist only has snaps in front, no plastic thingy. how is it supposed to go on? It is the wrong color anyway so I won't be using it, but for selling purposes, I'd like to know what it fits.

·
Official Historian
8,339 Posts
Yeah, duster is a tonneau. I used the windjammer twice so far but don't like it without the upper doors on too.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I've been driving mine all over creation without even a bikini top, so even that will be an improvement. I quit caring about my hair. At least it's sort of short.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts