Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Yep, all of the YJ tanks that have the fuel pumps in them have bigger holes for the sending unit assembly so the pump will fit down into the tank. Hope this helps out.

Bird

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Actually, I thought that the pre-91 YJ models had the same size hole as the CJ. The YJ's didn't get 4.0 fuel injection until '91 and that is when they switched the tank hole. The 2.5L YJs had an in the tank pump that fits through the older CJ size hole. I read this recently when trying to figure out my 4.0 swap. I don't know if the tanks are the same size or shape though.

Later,

http://home.off-road.com/~tom85cj7/home.htm

·
Official Historian
8,340 Posts
YJ's fuel filler is on the drivers side and CJ's is on the passenders side.

79/CJ-7/AMC360/TH400/Q-TRAC/d30/d44/33's/RS9000s/Herculiner/Pro-jection 2D/MSD/4.10s/lockrights

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No I mean the center tank straps that run through the skid plate. Cj's are cheap and the yj's are like 30 bucks or something. Just wondering if it was that big of a differance.

G

·
The straps will work the same, I have a 91YJ tank with electric pump installed in my 86CJ skid plate up under my Jeep. Don't know about the cost, bought my stuff from the junk yard. Hope this helps out. Later.

Bird

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.