Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a Scout with a diesel in it today. It was for sale but locked up. It has a manual transmission. Can't get any info on it yet. Any of you guys know anything about this tranny? I posted to the Scout forum but I just don't know about those guys. I want the 44s, winch(Warn 8274 fair condition) and maybe tranny tcase from this Scout. Not sure if anything on it works( it was locked up) and I was told it was towed to where it sits. I was told the guy wants $1200 but they weren't sure and the seller hasn't retuened my call yet. I figure the stuff I want is worth at least $500. If you think its worth it how much should I offer?
Thanks for any help

Can you fix it?
I got a welder and a grinder. Heck yeah I can fix it./wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
You really need to post your question to the binderbulletin, that said, I'll give you my two cents. If it is a 1980 buy it, it has the good dana 300 with the dana 20 bolt pattern (about $500). The manual transmission will be a T-19, diesel came standard with the close ratio, wide ratio optional. axles are both dana 44's, diesel due to their low rpm's came with gears in the low threes.
hope this helps, jjc

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.