Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 20 plus years of driving CJ's I bought a Jeep TJ last Wednesday. Does this mean that I have moved to the Dark Side and now have to hang out at JU?

Attachments

·
Registered
484 Posts
who can blame you? there is nothing inherently evil about buyin a TJ, after all, we all like heat that keeps ya warm, non wandering tendencies on the road...etc

as to your "dark side" status.....did you keep the CJ?/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
"we all like heat that keeps ya warm, non wandering tendencies on the road...etc"

Two of my CJ's are for sale. My 84 CJ does not wander at all, and the chevy heater motor and V-8 keep it warm in the winter. I can push the CJ down the highway at 75 and take the hands off the wheel. The TJ does have air conditioning.

The 73 CJ-5 and the 60's era Willy is not on the road. However, the Willy's is basically sold. I am keeping the CJ-5 for a while. It might hit the market at a later date.

G

·
Stay put....it's still a jeep.....not to mention the fact that the TJ is a better base to build from than any other jeeps...the coil over is great.....

Of course it would have been better if you had bought the Rubicon version.....D44 front and rear...Lockers...4:1.....

Ok....feel better now?

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh I feel great about this Jeep. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif After all these years I couldn't leave this place.

·
Registered
786 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
After 20 plus years of driving CJ's I bought a Jeep TJ last Wednesday. Does this mean that I have moved to the Dark Side and now have to hang out at JU?

[/ QUOTE ]

Good luck hanging out at JU. They've been down for a week or better, maybe two.

·
Registered
6,870 Posts
Toyota isn't the 'Dark Side' it's the 'Stupid Side'...

Come back to the light side of the force Luke, you need a CJ...
Flat fender if possible...

·
Registered
946 Posts
You'll need the CJ to ease your mind. I find mine most relaxing but that's probably because the rear view mirror fell off two years ago and I never bothered to put it back. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good luck hanging out at JU. They've been down for a week or better, maybe two.

[/ QUOTE ]

They aren't down but are you using Verison or Time Warner by any chance? It seems like Verison is blocking JU.
http://bmja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=16900

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
why no Aniken, oyu're not a path to the Dark side..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

·
Registered
13,432 Posts
Well, maybe... if you wake up some morning and find this in your driveway:

Image uploading. Refresh page to view

Then I'd say... yes, yes you did. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
That's whay I love about my CJ, its all about independence. I got up in the night and mine was gone, it had "wondered" off /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif It came back in the moring smelling of dirt and had a H2 badge stuck in it's tire.

TJs are like pitbulls, not inherently evil, just so many owners make them that way.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Hmmm... Darth always had a good "Grill"

Just a couple slots short of the good side. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

·
Registered
6,870 Posts
At least it has ROUND headlights! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

-----------------------

Mine is a lazy **** dog.
Wants to lay under the porch all day in the shade, but when you actually get it out in the rough, it wants to splash in every mud hole and bark at every tree!

·
Registered
391 Posts
congradulations on your purchase. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif thinking about getting one of those for mrs minesbroken someday hehe

·
Registered
391 Posts
Hey hey...easy JYG hehe I heard my YJ shudder outside when I read that.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts