Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posed this question to my buddies at swb, but I was wondering if any of you have had any experience with Dick Cepek lift kits for cj-7s. They go for about 400 bucks here in california and if I get this one I won't have to pay shipping which is just outrageous. Thanks guys

tim
85 cj-7

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have the Dick Cepek 2.5" lift. I think it suffers the same problem that most others do...stiff. I am going to do a couple of things to soften it, like pull the spring packs apart, strip, polish and repaint, and add teflon pads. Make sure you go with poly bushings. It will take all the slop out of the suspension. If you have the bucks, add greasable shackels...otherwise, it will be very stiff.

If I remember correctly, their springs are actually made by Rough Country...The best springs I have seen are by National...their custom but they are made to your veh and ride really soft (7 leafs vs. 4).

What part of CA?....i'm in the S. LA area.

Good Luck........John

84CJ7

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.