Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I did the search but I have not found the answer. I have a wore-out Trac-Loc in the rear of my AMC 20. Does anybody know if they make a Gearless Locker to replace the Trac-Loc? And if they do, can you put one piece axles in it? I would also like to hear from anybody that is running the Gearless in their AMC 20. This Jeep is 95% on the highway and the rest of the time, tooling around the farm. All the bad reports I have heard on the Gearless have been in the Dana 35. They even had a recall. But I have not heard from anybody that has installed it in the 20. Any info would be appreciated.

· Registered
1,781 Posts
Since no one else has jumped at this question I`ll tell you what I have read here and in the POR board over the last year or two . The general concensus is that the Detroit Gearless has been quite troublesome . I know they`ve had some issues and some re-calls . Best I can do for you

Jeff

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh well. Maybe I’ll just rebuild the Trac-lock. For what I’m doing they are not that bad. I just like to tread lightly on the farm. But when it comes to rounding up cattle and the dew is on the grass, I need all the traction I can get. But the wife would go nuts at a rear end that snaps and pops. That’s why I would like a limited slip type differential. I figured the Gearless, with the clutches, would be a better option.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you run the Powertrax No-Slip? Is it as quiet as the add says? Personally, I would get used to it in a hurry, I just don’t want to scare the wife with a jerky rear end. Or is there another LSD that is a good candidate for an AMC 20? Just trying to find out my options.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.