Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The rockcrawling championships are coming to my neck of the woods soon and I really want to have a vehichle out there to drum up some business. My CJ5 1/2 is in way to many pieces and I'm hoping to have it going by the ASA4WDC Jamboree in October, so there's no chance in heck of it going. So my hopes turn to my faithful Scout. I have everything I need to make it a decent little rock crawler except for axles. I need a set of scout 2 44s quick. I would prefer a matched set complete hub to hub and drum to drum with a draglink and as deep of gears as possible, but I'll consider about anything. bonus pointts if it's near Phoenix but I'll spring for shipping. Plus if anyone in Phoenix wants to trade a set for a roll cage, bumpers, nerf bars, spring over, ect. be sure to give me a jingle. Any leads would be appreciated, I'd really like to go wheelin it's been a long time. Happy Jeepin'
Travis

My name's Travis and I'm a Jeepaholic/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Call Todd McCullen at Desert Fabrication. He's got a source for them. He lives over in AJ so you'll have to drive a ways. He won't want to trade for them as he's got his own fab shop. HTH,
Sean

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unfortunatly I live in Oregon.I know where a complete scout II is sitting for sale. All that is good on it is the running gear. The body is all rusted.

Cut to shape, hammer to fit, paint to match /wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif
Project '51 willy's total rebuild /wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know of four to five junked scouts north of daytona. The best set was going to be $400 to $500 for the set. The jeep ran, but the previous owner canabilised the cyl head and trans shifter for his other two scouts... The diffs are good however. If you want I can check to see if they're still available. They're in Florida however... Probably will be something closer.

Florida Mud CJ-5
'77 RB304, t-150 D20 4" 35" swampers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually I have an uncle in florida so if you could check if they're still availible and better yet what gears they have I'd be in your debt. Thanks a lot
Travis

My name's Travis and I'm a Jeepaholic/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.