Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone ever runs Nissans in the dessert and what experiences they have had with them. Because I drive a prerunner nissan with the Fabtech lift and I was wondering if it would do well at places like glamis ir anza borrego. Any info would be cool.

Kevin

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I used to have a 91 nissan 2wd with the 2.4 4cyl. a 2" body lift and come dang cool custom built a arms up front. I threw a 4x4 SEv6 axle in the rear because at the time no one made a locker for the 2wd rear axle. THe front end was lightened up with some fiberglass and the truck would fly off road.
THey are extremely light trucks and quite easy to work on. Sadly i sold it for a CHevy which has been extensively prerunnered. They are great trucks if ya treat em right.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had a 93 Nissan standard cab short bed 2wd base model. It had upper arms with low pro upper and lower bump stops, Bilstiens front and rear. Fiberglass front fenders, 31s on 10s, exhaust and filter. IT was quick, but the frame would not hold up. Broke frame in half, where upper control arms attach to frame. Had constant problems with that truck.

If you want to drive in Glamis, get a 4wd.

Ive driven at Ocotillo Wells with that truck, and it did ok in the flats and washes, as long as you dont stop in the sand!

My reccomendation, if you want to get serious off road, seriously consider a different vehicle. The frame is too thin and week, and the upper control arm attachment is a poor weak design. Dont think im bias cause i drive a Toyota. Ive had the Nissan before, and It didnt hold up off road.

If your still looking for a down size, i reccomend either a Toyota(pre 96) or a Ford Ranger(pre97 with I beam suspension).

Good luck.

-cleartoy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.