Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is picture of my Nissan with 31"s Going through 3' of raging brook water! Check out the water coming over the hood! Im a little excited I just got the scanner working. This is the truck that will be running 35"s shortly. I made it through no problem, and luckily the computer didnt get wet even though I had half the brook running through the holes in the cab!
One question...does anyone know how water affects the alternator? I would think an alternator submerged in water would quit, but mine works fine. Nissan engineering I guess!

Throw it in reverse and grab second

Attachments

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've never been to concerned with my alternator it seems to hold up just fine also, but if I were you I would be concerned about your intake and block?? I must state however that when it comes to good seals and all around water-proofing that the Nissan's are pretty damn good! Like I tell everyone who ask's me though I'd rather spend a couple hundred $$$ on a snorkle and some water-proofing than a couple grand on a new block???
BTW cool pic!

Chris J.
/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gifIt's not the Biggest, but at least I use it!/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ive lost an alternator thanks to a deep mud crossing in the past. I was in almost as deep as you were (about 30" or more). Tripped a few idiot lights, and the truck just shut down a few days later (at the time I thought that I just had mud in a connector, and that is what caused the dash lights). It held up well besides that. Deep water is nothing new to me, Ive crested the hood a few times myself. I wouldnt be too concerned, but try to take it easy in really nasty water. Clean creek water wont leave much behind, but mud sure will!

Happy Trails
Wade Colvard
[email protected]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Web page up and runnig

Hey everyone, I got my page up and running. Check it out and give me some suggestions. Its my first time. Yes I lost my cherry.

Throw it in reverse and grab second

1 - 4 of 4 Posts