Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me where the fuse or relay is for the daytime running lights? I want to disconnect those annoying little bugger's, but I can't seem to find anything in my manuals relating to their location.

Chris J.
/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif"Go Solid or Go Home"/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It is in behind the right side fender, remove the battery and it is the black box inside the hole in the inner fender. I tried to disconnect them once but there is a thousand wires going in and out and a simple pull the plug to disable them is not a possability that I can see.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like it might be a problem? Well I'll give it a try and see what I can come up with, or what I can short-out????
I'll let you know if I fluke-out and find the right wire, thanks for the reply!

Chris J.
/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif Remember God forgives "ROCK'S DON'T" /wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
One avenue I considered was to add a wire into the unit to do what the park brake does, either ground the unit or put power to it to keep the lights off....When you first start the truck with the park brake on, the lights stay off until you release the brake, maybe even remove the wire from the park brake sensor and bingo....they stay off forever.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mine are on a toggle

I can switch 'em on an off with a toggle. I can't explain the wiring without looking at the truck which the wife has now, My Haynes is also in the truck.

It's a simple red toggle switch that breaks the circuit to the relay. Voila no irritating lights you don't want. And it's much more convientent than opening the hood.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts