Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Are you still wheeling Samurais these days? I still have a few in the yard and I work on others for my friends from time to time.

Do you remember that rear end I got from you that was poured with aluminum? My brother ran it for years until his son blew his engine up. I got that Samurai back and sold it to a friend along with an engine as a project. He decided to swap in an open differential because he was driving it on the road and he gave that one back to me. I installed it in another buddys rig to replace differential he completely grenaded 3 or 4 years ago and it is still going strong.That was bound to have been 15 years ago or more.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
It very well could have been 20 years ago... I still have 3 EFI model Samurais, a 1991, 1992, & 1993. I have owned the 1993 over 20 years. It is mildly lifted and locked with 31 inch Swampers & an 8v 1.6 with factory EFI. The '91 and '92 are mostly stock. I am finishing up a 1988.5 project to sell to a buddy for a hunting rig. I hang on to the EFI models when I get one. I did sell one '91 that I had owned for 15 years to my uncle who had been wanting to buy one for years.

Nice to hear you are still vertical. Take care of yourself.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
I'm still around so far. I just bought another bone stock 88.5 fixer upper three days ago. The next day I had it sold (after I finish a few needed repairs) for a hunting rig. Good to hear you have kept yours.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts