Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can somebody with a scanner make a copy out of their repair manual that shows the make-up of the Dana 44 front axle? I'm specifically looking for a diagram from the knuckle outwards, but will take anything. I've got my axle torn down in order to replace the axleshaft U-joint, and can't remember where one of the washers goes (before or after the spindle gets installed). Any help is appreciated, thanks!
[email protected]

1976 CJ-7
258ci, T18, Dana 20
6" Lift, Dana 44 Front & Rear

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Do you have a 4 wheel parts wholesalers catalog? There's a drawing of an exploded D44 front in it that may help you. If I knew what the part was you were talking about, I'd just tell you. And my scanner is down so I can't send a pic. Sorry.

-Dorian
www.4Low.com

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
i think this "Washer" your talking about might be a camber shim, is it tapered, thin on one side and thicker on the other and about 4" round? if yes you will have to get it aligned at a shop after you put it back together. unless you know exacty how it came out you might as well put it back together without the washer and just drive it to a close alignment shop with the shim in your hand. good luck

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmm...now you've got me wondering. It sounds similar to the shim you described. It's gold in color (probably makes no difference, has an overall diameter of just slightly over 2", and an inner circle diameter of 1.5". I'm *almost* positive that it came out along with the inner bearing. If nothing else, I can take apart the other side and take careful notesas to where things were. Thought I knew this time around, but was thrown a curve ball when I ended up getting things cleaned up nice and shiny, there were suddenly an "extra" part. Thanks for the help!

1976 CJ-7
258ci, T18, Dana 20
6" Lift, Dana 44 Front & Rear

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I sent you a scan from a Quadratec catalog. It turned out pretty good. If any one else needs a copy of the scan just let me know. I would post it here but its about 290k.

Jacob
81 CJ5 w/SOA and 302
2000 Solar Yellow TJ...finally here.
Ill post a couple pics in a few days of it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.