Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what rotors people are using for there disk brake conversions on the dana 35's? I was thinking the rear rotors off of a exploror would work? I could use my front 30 rotors but I would have to grind down the circumference of the axle where the studs mount and would have to put in longer studs also. This would be ok except for if I broke one and didn't have a spare and had to borrow one.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
i used a set of rotors of a mitchubishi ecliplse (spelling Hmmm) anyway they fit perfect after if drilled the 5 axle stud holes out to 1/2" in think it is.
also i used junk yard calipers off a buick regal (rear calipers that had the parking brake function)

oh ya, they are none vented rotor (and calipers designed for non-vented also)

3/4tonYJ
My Jeep Page

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What did you use for the brackets to hold the calipers on? If you made them do you have any pics?
Aaron

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Ya, i made brackets to mount the calipers,
i first make a template out of cardboard then sheet medal, (i still have the sheet medal template, i'll try to find it)
i used 3/8 steel plate, the brackets bolted to the backside on the axle flange (not between backing plate and housing)

one tip if you make you own, (and use small GM calipers)
the caliper mounting holes are 20 millimeters apart, not 4 inches (this caused me alittle headache) /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

3/4tonYJ
My Jeep Page

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am using a weld on bracket from speedway motors. They were made to fit the metric gm calipers, front of regals ect, but also fit some rears like the seville,and toronado, and it sounds like the regal also. They also are made to fit an 11" rotor on a 3" tube which a 30's rotors are just under 11 I think and axle tube on the 35 is just under 3" depending on where measured,, but fairly close to 3. So I figured I could add or remove material at the base of the bracket to change the highth. It seems like my seville calipers would fit the vented rotors but may also have enough travel to fit non vented. I will have to check tomarrow night.
Any other rotor ideas are great! I don't rember from my earlier post but may be ford explorer rears but they are probly not vented.
Oh the brackets from speedway are under $25 each plus another $20 for each caliper then which ever rotors and brake lines are needed I'll be done for under $120 easily and have the E-brake style.
I'll probobly put up a post when finished so all knows exactly what it to get.
Thanks
Later

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.