Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read the Dana 300 transfer case profile and it said something about adding oil paddles to the main shaft to prevent oil starvation of the rear bearing. Has anyone done this and could you give me more detailed instructions on how this is done? Thanks ....

·
Official Curmudgeon
4,707 Posts
Did it say the starvation of the rear bearing is only when flat towing for long distances?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes you did. But I don't see why flat towing and regular use would be different? I have never flat towed my Jeep. It would be out of gear? Right?

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif That's the problem. Nothing below the mainshaft is turning while the Jeep is being towed, and no oil is being taken upstairs to lube the rear output shaft brg. Some forklifts have the same problem if you tow long distances./wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

CJDave
I never believe any statistics unless I've made 'em up myself.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
dave is right on the lack of top oiling.
the paddle repair was pioneered by jason bunch of tri county gear. his # is 909-623-3373.

dan

/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.giflet it snow/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info... When it comes to transfer cases you could say I am a little green...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.