Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay,somebody help me out here.The guy at the salvage yard says the BIG axle thats under the 92 F-350 is a D60. Its a foll floater for sure,8 bolt lug pattern,and huge drums.Does anybody know? I'm thinking ford 10.25 and I didnt have my axle guide. I read in one of these posts that dana makes them both.True? Anyway,It would be going in my 83 cj7.300.00 for the axle,180.00 to narrow it.And I would have to put 410 gears in it

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure about the 92, but I would think it's a Dana 60 or a Dana 70. Especially since you mention the "huge" drums, the sterling uses a more traditional looking drum. Can't remember when the sterling came out in the Fords but I thought it was later than that. I'm doing a dana 60 narrow right now (actually it's on hold for a while). Where do you get the $180 figure? That is a price I've seen on the board here to have a housing narrowed (plus shipping to moser in IN) I'm narrowing the housing myself so I don't know if that is an accurate figure. BUT, that figure doesn't include new (shorter) axles at $310/pr. If you get the 60, and you want to use 35 spline axles you have to have the spindles bored out to 1.60" (from about 1.40") in order to get the axles through the spindles. Also don't forget the carrier's price if you plan on adding a locker, or L.S. Not trying to rain on your parade, but plan on spending about a grand give or take. The upside is you get a great axle for your money, better than spending hundreds to "improve" your Model 20 and then breaking it anyway.

"My other car is a BULLDOZER"

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
To id the axle look on the lower right corner on the web brace and it will tell you what the axle is, 60 or 70. You have to watch fords though, I had a truck puller tell me that ford uses some odd carrier sizes, I think he said either a dana 61 or 66 not sure but the parts acording to him aren't enterchangable with the 60. Steve

Mopar360yj
87yj+20,74CHR.030360,SOA,35BFGATs,46RH,241DHD,
D60-44-4.10

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.