Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am about to get a locker for the d60 35 spline.. should i go with an arb? detroit? or a spool... will be running a 401, t-18, 3.30 gears, d20 with a terra low kit.. i would like good street ability.. and awesome off-road ability..
i have heard that a detroit will give some hellacious torque steer? and have heard that a spool isnt so bad.. but how fast will i go thru tires?
would like all opinions on this.. thanks guys/gals..

survival is instinct, but living takes guts

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
i like the "New" Detroit "Soft" Lockers, they don't enguage/disenguage the same as the old ones, (softer springs or something like that) they still work exactly the same. i drove with a few lockers and some yank you around more than others my detroit does alittle but not as bad as lock-rights for sure.
my personnel opinion is that spools are for racing or super budget trucks, and ARB air-lockers do brake once in a while and are overpriced. (but i want one for my front axle some day anyway, (i'll wait till i get a Ford Reverse Rotation 60)

3/4tonYJ
My Jeep Page

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.