Off Roading Forums banner

D30 Hubs

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  80cj 
G
#1 ·
Just bought 2 hubs for my front D30 from Jeep Recyclers off of ebay. cody crone from JR stated that these would fit any D30 / D40 years 97 - 05. upon installtion there what about a .25" difference btwn where the hub mounts to the axle and where the rotor mounts to the hub. Therefore the rotor binds to the caliper when mounting the tire. I was wondering if jeep changed the types of hubs the used for later years.

#2 ·
There are two diffrent models out there, but I cannot remember what year it changed over. Just curious what you paid for used ones? I have been having problems with brand new ones, so I would be concerned about "Recycled" ones.

#4 ·
[ QUOTE ]
it was about 96/97 when they changed.......

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats interesting I thought there were no 96 TJ's around /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Or was that another /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/deal.gif that Chrysler came up with? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/40BEER.gif

#5 ·
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
it was about 96/97 when they changed.......

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats interesting I thought there were no 96 TJ's around /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Or was that another /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/deal.gif that Chrysler came up with? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/40BEER.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

thats when they changed the D30 hubs on the XJ's and the 96 XJ hub wont fit but the 97 XJ hubs fit my TJ

#6 ·
[ QUOTE ]
thats when they changed the D30 hubs on the XJ's and the 96 XJ hub wont fit but the 97 XJ hubs fit my TJ

[/ QUOTE ]

OK now I see ,,,,,as I pick up the red and white cane. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/40BEER.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/40BEER.gif

G
#7 ·
sorry bout the the time gone - new orleans and all - I paid $50/hub plus $20/hub for shipping. The problem I can't figure is that I have a 97 TJ and either these came off a different model jeep or I am just confused. In addition, is there a possibility that I might be able to get a .25" spacer and space out my rotor?

thanks,

#8 ·
if you are talking about the warn hub conversion, it requires new/different rotors and i think that the center needs to be cut out of them. i bought mine used and it was already done and assembled.

shawn

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.