Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could someone use a (program) called auto card I belive?? not sure, any way, could someone find out what my CV anles are? here is a pic, if this info will help, the top of the upper part of the CV (were the diff is) is 23" from the ground, and the top of the other side is 19.5" from the ground.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,863 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks willy!

ok, so 16deg is not bad, is it? The cv you see there is toatsed AGAIN! it lasted about 2 weeks, and so did the one before it, I cannot figure it out??? It seems as though they don't even fill the boots with grease or somthing??

It is really pissing me off.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Well Tim always says that 23*-25* is the max, so based on that I'd say that you're in the clear, but I really don't know. You should check to be sure that they're greased before you install them, but I don't see why they wouldn't be. Which joint is failing (inner or outer)? It may be failing due to something else.

·
Registered
7,863 Posts

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
i just think superlfited is an idiot with all that extra crap.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
I figured he'd measure point to point on the CV shaft instead of trying to eyeball the other leg of the triangle. You know how he is. /me tries not to roll his eyes.

Beats me.

It's kind of funny because in this instance it's about the same answer.

In case he reads this, if he did your way (measured both legs of the triangle) then it'd be ArcTan(3.5/12.25) or Tan^-1(3.5/12.25).

·
Registered
7,863 Posts
1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.