Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, all you guys that have cut fenders, where did you cut them? Going to be cutting them on my 85. I'm going with a 3" lift and 32x11.50s. I was thinking of cutting along the top edge of the fender flares to simplify things, and saving some time making a template. Anybody do it that way or did you just trim out what you needed as you went? Think it's going to need more? I'm not worried about it looking real nice, as long as it's functional. That reminds me...it's bone stock right now, I should take some before and after pictures.

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
put your lift on and yer tires then go out and flex it up and bring along a sharpee to mark where you need to cut/ want to cut. thats the best way to do it

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
After I put the rough country 3" lift w/1.75 shackles on, I had to cut the front fender from where the side marker lights end straight across. I also had to trim the back of the front fender a little. There is a nasty metal strip on the top of the fenderwell that will slit your tires at full stuff, so take a hammer and flatten it out. The back fenders are much easier. I just took a grinder to it after I marked where it was rubbing. I can stuff my 33X10.5 without a problem now. Hope this helps

Mick

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Lift-flex-mark-cut...Thats the best way to do so you dont cut too much or too little. Me on the other hand lined my TJ flares up with the body line-marked then cut the fenders to fit the flares front and back(a lil easyer on a 2dr but not a task for the fait of heart)...andy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.