Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Awhile back I swapped a 91 4.0 ho into my 83 CJ. I called custom jeep in texas and they said if I sent them the harness for the jeep and the cherokee the motor came out of they could make me a harness that would plug in and go. Also sent them the computer. Also sent them the bellhousing to be modified for the crank sensor. So I get it all back ($600, btw)plug it in, no go. Fuelpump won't even run. When I call them up turns out they didn't even test the harness and computer like they said they would. So I send it back. When I get it back, The pump at least runs when you turn the key on, but it runs continuously. And the motor still won't run. To make a long story short, I tried EVERYTHING-new injectors, coil, crank sensor, wires, cap rotor fuel pump gas shim the crank sensor clean the throttle body you name it. Finally(9months later) called hesco who sent out a harness, dist, computer, crank damper for front mounted crank sensor, etc. Put it on and the motor fired right up, ran fine ever since. Since the harness hesco sent me is the same one from the mopar kit, I had to cut apart the harness custom jeep had put together (using my parts remember) so I would have the firewall plug, lights wiring, etc, which isn't on the mopar/hesco harness. When I called customjeep up wanting my money back, he wanted me to send him the harness so he could "troubleshoot" it. The harness was cut apart! He said once he had found out what was wrong, we could come to an agreement that would satisfy us both. The only thing that would satisfy me is all my hard earned money back, as well as the time I wasted dealing with him. I was going to go ahead and send him what was left of the harness just to see what he would do, but I've been so busy I haven't done it yet(I am in the Marine Corps and they keep me pretty busy). The point is this guy talks a good game on the phone, but doesn't do what he promises(test the ahrness before sending it out) and doesn't stand behind his work. Buyer Beware!

Greg
89 XJ, 83 CJ-7, 79 Blazer, 67 CJ-5

G

·
Greg
Good to hear that you finally got that 4.0 up and running. Such a shame that you had to go to all that trouble and the down time. Hope CustomJeep compensates you. I spoke to them on the phone awhile ago cause I was interested in their custom dash. Thanks for the headsup on dealing with them. Let us know how you make out with them.
I am extremely happy with my 4.0 conversion and glad I didn't have the problems you had.
Take care

Cutch 88YJ

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.