Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
1,736 Posts
Put one light on each side of the rack, and the canoe/kayak will sit in between them. You could probably even fit 4 lights, just leave enough room in the center for the boat.

With a soft top you will probably also want to make it a quick-remove design. I have seen some of these racks get rusty, and it looks like crap.

I'd make the front a hoop, off the tub/windshield, and a hoop in the back, and make the rack part removeable, then the front would essentially be a light bar when the rack wasn't there. If you design a swing away tire carrier for the back with it, you could make one slick setup with all three designed together.

I also know a guy who just straps a canoe to the top of his YJ, with no top on, right across the windhsield and the rollbar. I can't believe the w/s doesn't break, but...

Good luck
Pete

88YJ, 4"susp, 33"BFGMT, 9k#winch, rear homemade swingout, reb.258, 999, 4.10, weber32/36, GMHEI.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.