Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 2000 HD with a fold away cup holder. It holds cups and bottles and cans while sitting still or driving on a smooth road. However, any little bump or a wash board road and nothing stays put.
Has anyone come across this problem and, do you have a fix?
Thanks, Bobcat

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Yeah, Chevy's cupholders suck. The ones in the Dodges are really nice, the only problem is that there's a big Dodge truck wrapped around those nice cupholders.
I'd suggest maybe a sheet of HD rubber to replace tose flimsy little flappy things at the top, cut it so when you stick a cup in there the rubber flods down and makes for a nice tight fit. Kinda like what it has already but more burly, I guess.

G

·
How deep are they? My truck has rubber boots or inserts to accept different sizes, and they do a pretty good job of holding.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The problem is not so much the little rubber things holding cups and soda cans, it's the movement of the holder it's self. It bounces up and down so much that even an almost empty soda will give you and the interior a shower.

If I drive with my knee against it or my fingers on it, everything is fine. But, this gets old. I told my wife that I could drill a hole in the floorboard, install an eye-bolt and then attach a ratchet strap to hold it still. . . . . You can guess her answer!

Anymore ideas????
Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.