Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
31 Posts
i just have one question regarding this image. Does it mean if i will be installing this on our truck will it improve the mileage of the truck? My brother is insisting that it will but i not sure about it also because all i know it will still depend on how you drive, maintenance of your truck etc etc. i just love the sound and the horse power it could produce.

Exhaust Parts

· Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Better MPG with Magnaflow

i just have one question regarding this image. Does it mean if i will be installing this on our truck will it improve the mileage of the truck? My brother is insisting that it will but i not sure about it also because all i know it will still depend on how you drive, maintenance of your truck etc etc. i just love the sound and the horse power it could produce.

Hey andreasue,

You're both right. It will increase your MPG because now your engine is breathing easier and producing more horse power and torque with the same amount of fuel. On the flip side, since you love the sound so much, and will feel and increase of power from the line (stopped), there is a tendency to drive harder, hence, burning more fuel.

If you're concerned with MPG, just keep your foot easy on the pedal and you'll be good. The engine still growls. = )

Another option for you if you live outside of California or any state that does not require a diesel smog for your truck, delete the cat. It will help your truck breathe even better. Just make sure you keep the cat converter in case you ever need to add it back on. They are over $1000 at the dealership for a replacement.

There are many chaps here in CA that found out the hard way.

Good luck and have fun.

-DZ

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.