Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was looking to hook back up my cruise for long trips but my Cruise Transducer is out...This also runs the speedo...is there a new part for this or will I have to go rebuilt. I can bypass for the speedo but I would like the cruise

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Many of the full-size Jeep Cherokees of the late '70s-early '80s used the same style of cruise control: Dana/Perfect Circle. A friend of mine, with a '79 Scout, used a Perfect Circle box from a F-S Cherokee to replace his broken OEM cruise unit.

I have a '77 Scout II, 345 eng. with cruise control that does not work. The mechanism that has the chain going to the throttle has a rubber portion that is cracked and torn. I am sure this holds vacuum. My question is can this rubber be replaced, where can I get replacement? Or if I need a replacement whatever this part is, does anyone have one for sale? This is my next large project on the Scout.

just happened to read about your little problem, I have the answer to help you out. The part you need is a dana part and you can get it from United speedometer Service in Riverside California 909-684-0292 part # 59L-08X12C----Servo. Problem solved

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can find the rubber part (diaphram) and the linkage chain at Scout Maddness (806) 745-7475. Thanks for the info on the cruise transducer. BIG HELP

1 - 3 of 3 Posts