Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 87 Sub. and have to put a new Cruise,Wiper, and turn signal lever in it, and was wondering if someone could tell me how to get the old one out..Do you have to pull the Steering wheel and get into the column or is there an easy way to uninstall and reinstall new one. And also how hard is it to run the wire that plugs ......

·
Registered
578 Posts
Handle is easy to replace. Unplug the wires from below the side of the steering column. Tie some thin mousing wire on the end (small copper wire from a trashed starter works well). Lightly twist and pull handle straight out. When you get the handle out, slowly and carefully pull the wire from the outside of the steering colum, making sure you dont kink the mousing wire. Re-attach the mousing wire to the end of the new wires on the new switch and feed the wires back down the steering column while keeping tension on the mousing wire. Plug wires back in and push handle straight in to steering column.

Clear as mud, right?? This is the way I used to do it when I worked at a GMC dealership. Any questions drop me a line at [email protected]

95 4Runner..suzy stocker until tax return..............

1 - 2 of 2 Posts