Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://members.tripod.com/GRK_Taz/jeep-rod2.gif
http://members.tripod.com/GRK_Taz/jeep-rod2b.gif
Since Chrysler didn't or hasn't come out the the Jeepseter what about making one? my Dad has a '68 Jeepster Commando that is built more towards the go anywhere style than the crusier I'm planning. I was thinking of starting from a SWB(CJ/YJ/orTJ) jeep frame and tub and going from there. It could cruse low for daily driving and raise several inches with a flip of a switch. the front could be IFS with GM components. Would AWD or part time 4wd be better? Hot Rod magazine featured a purple and yellow AWD '32 Ford hot rod a couple years back. it used a GM AWD transfer case and a chevy K1500 truck front differential. Any opinions on the "Jeepster"
Tas
'89 Yj, I6, 5-speed, Flowmaster, Euro tallights

·
Registered
5,526 Posts
A lowrider Jeep??? Yuck!!! /wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif I think anything resembling a truck or a Jeep has no business at all being a lowrider... Just makes it look kinda stupid, at best... /wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif Why would you want to use a form of "Inherently Flawed Suspension" IFS on a Jeep? Go solid axle, put a big 'ole lift on it, some 44" swampers, and if you put anything out of a GM vehicle, make it a GM engine, 4.3L or larger...

But what do you intend to use this Jeep for? If it's just cruisin' the 'hood, tryin' to look /wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif, I don't know about that, I prefer lifted vehicles (at least vehicles that were designed NOT to be lowriders) to lowriders any day, no comparion... I'm still trying to talk a friend of mine from lowering his 2000 Tahoe... /wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif I'd say go with a part time case, and solid axle... One more question, if you have it so it sits low, and then hit a switch and raise it up, how do you plan to run anything other than silly little tires? /wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif

Of course this is just my opinion... (The material found in this post is not to be considered a flame) (I use disclaimers so I don't get anyone upset.. /wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif /wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif)

Tim
"The_Sandman_454"

/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif '79 Suburban 4x4 454, 6" lift, 35x12.5s & '85 GMC S15 4x4

G

·
Looks kinda like a prowler mixed with a Jeep.... The Jeepster is supposed to travel on highway with 1" of lift, and when offroading, can be raised to over 6" of lift from inside the vehicle...

Another Jeepgeek!
Jon YJ94

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.