Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an exhaust header (stock) that is cracked where it meets in the collection tube with the other three cylinders. (4.0) and I do not want ot fork out dough for a new header on a college kid budget. is there any chap fixes like JB weld or anything like that? or wrapping tin foil around it or anything?

· Registered
4,675 Posts
is it a header ( steel usually) or a manifold ( cast iron usually)?

if its steel it would be really easy to weld up..

if its cast , JB weld will hold for a short while ( a month or so)IF you can get it really clean when you put it on... Some folks have had good luck welding Cast Iron things like this, I personally havent!!

maybe find another used exaust?

OzarkJeep
NW Arkansas

· Registered
462 Posts
I also did what the 'Mangler did. The original patch of this stuff has stayed on for about eight months now, and I have patched about 4 more places that have rusted through. It's kind of expensive for the amount of product that you get ($12 at the mom & pop auto store I was close to for what I think is about an ounce of stuff) but it is a good, easy to use product - and you can even mix it with your fingers and install it right over the rust.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.