Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My electric fan has about a foot of wire coming out of it, then the plug. The other plug is nowhere to be found. How could I wire it so it turns on at a certain temp?

Kevin

'89 XJ Cherokee, stock.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
just hook it up to a switch, they never come one when their supposed to. This way you can have it on whenever you want. After the 1 ft of wire and the plug the wires are tricky to see. There is a relay directly in front of the window wiper fluid, that is the relay for the fan. Refer to this write up for everything else. [*]http://www.olypen.com/craigh/auxfan.htm

Let me know if you have anymore questions man.

Have fun,

Todd

88' XJ
3" rusty's
1.75" Shackles
2" RE spacers.
Rusty LCA's.
RE adj trackbar

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If I were to just run a manual switch, when would I know to turn it on? Is there a way I could do both?
Kevin

'89 XJ Cherokee, stock.

G

·
on the fan you wire it in so the engine has control of the fan switch too but you can overide then engine.
2nd gear switch is when you tap into you puters wires with a toggle switch and it will alow you to run it in first gear when your in the 1-2 gear position. So basicly you lock out sencond gear in the tranny. For thos eof us with 1st and 2nd in the same position. SCRAM

It's All Out or Nothing At All!!!!!!!

G

·
JUST WIRE THAT BAD BOY TO A SWITCH INSIDE THE CAB AND TURN IT ON AS SOON AS U PULL IT INTO 4X4 OR WHEN NEEDED WHEN WORKING THE MOTOR HARD.
THE THERM SWITCH NEVER WORKS AS EVERYONE HERE HAS SAID AND WHEN THEY DO COME ON ITS TO LATE ANYWAY.

89 2D XJ, 9+" OF LIFT, LOCKED F&R, 4.56, 4.1 LR, 38 X 12.5 TSLs AND TO MANY OTHERS TO LIST !!

I LIKE IT DIRTY,
XJ89XJ

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, I plan on wiring up the switch as soon as I go over to where it is stored. I have every thing set up just have to run the wires. Should be easy.

Kevin

'89 Jeep Cherokee 4x4 four door, street glow shifter knob, 215/70R15 Mastercrafts.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, it has been wired, and ready for the 4x4/city driving. Where on the fuse box could I wire it to constant power? I know the top left place labled "ACC" has no power to it while the key is turned or not turned. Any suggestions to the constant power would be great.

Kevin

'89 Jeep Cherokee 4x4 four door, street glow shifter knob, 215/70R15 Mastercrafts.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I will do that as needed, don't want a hot wire just hanging there.

Kevi

·
Registered
4,060 Posts
Might want to look into getting an auxiliary fuse panel, either from an autoparts or marine store, and wire all your mods to that. This way you dont have to screw with the factory wiring mess, or worry about overloading a fuse with your lights, and killing the clock (which, by the way, has power all the time) setting. /wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif Most common ones you'll find use buss fuses and come in a little plastic box.

G

·
I'm wiring a switch for the fan on my 89' XJ and would like to know a place to wire to constant power also on the fuse panel if that's possible. Thanks.

G

·
There are many constants But i recomend you run A large wire from the batt and you can use it for other things you ad later on. At leat thats what i did . SCRAM

It's All Out or Nothing At All!!!!!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.