Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for a few months i have had my steering lockup on my 97tj i thought it was ice on my steering stabelizer then the other day it locked up bad after a hard right turn i had to force it left .i heard a loud POP but managed not to crash.
when i pulled over i figured i would see a broken pitman arm but there was antifreeze everywhere . now get this the coolent overflow tank on the bottom had
a big tab 1"x1" sticking out right over the universal joint above the steering box this tab got stuck in the steering universal joint and cracked the tank.

PLEASE ALL TJ OWNERS GO SEE IF THIS CONDITION EXIST ON YOUR JEEP BEFORE YOUR STEERING LOCKS UP.

PS THE DEALER HAD SAID IT HAD SOMTHING TO DO WITH BIG TIRES GUESS HE WAS WRONG

GUS

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
/wwwthreads_images/icons/shocked.gif this must be reported to Chrysler immediately. This could be the excuse that they need to cowtow to the Greenies and quit making Jeeps!!!/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif

CJDave
I never believe any statistics unless my moonguys /wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif made 'em up themselves.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.