Off Roading Forums banner

Convert Chev 350 4 barrell to GM TBI

1582 Views 5 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  webjeep
Has anyone converted their 350 to a GM style TBI? I need to know what components I will need to round up to do this.

Current set up is: Pre 1986 GM 350 engine, bored to a 383 stroker, 400 crank, TRW forged pistons, cam is 2 steps up from standard cam, double pump heads.
I currently have it set up with an Edlebrock offroad 750 cfm 4 barrell and MSD ignition with HEI distributor. It runs fairly good, but at extreme angles when I need it most it bogs out and won't run. This makes for some very ass griping situations sometimes.

Anyway, I know I will need a new intake and the TBI but what else? What parts of the computer system will I need?
I have been reading up, but I am starting to get confused and need to talk to someone who has actually done this.

Thanks for the help I hope I get.
1 - 1 of 6 Posts
You need the complete TBI setup and harness from a Chevy truck with 5.7L. You need the computer and all of the underhood sensors. You also need the distibutor and possibly the intake manifold unless you want to adapt yours. The computer you want is ECM#1227747. You also need as much of the wiring harness as you can get. I believe 1992-1995 are the better years because they were the last before the Vortecs. Once you have all of the parts together, then you will need to tune the ECM to match your engine mods. With a 383 you probably need the "cop car" injectors. I haven't put TBI on a 350, but I have one on both of my 258 Jeeps.

1 - 1 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.