Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was going up a pretty steep hill with loose dirt and gravel this weekend, and everytime i lost traction and starting spinning the rear tires i experienced what i would call "more than normal wheel hop" not violent or anything (also i did let off the gas everytime it occured)
my jeeps has a Dana 60 and uses rear leaf springs that are factory CJ with a full length add-a-leaf and i also have a "buggy leaf", no track bar, and normal aftermarket shocks (1 per side in almost stock location)

so, what do you all think i should/can do? (oh ya, i don't really want to limit my articulation)

i've thought about alot of different options, how about some "kicker shocks" or above the springs traction bars, i think i like the idea of 1 link that will control axle wrap (positioned as close to the differential & transfercase output as i can get it) along with a second set of shocks maybe. i've used ladder bars before and don't want anything hanging down limiting ground clearance.

i have access to tools and can fabricate most things myself, any ideas or experience will be appreciated /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

3/4tonYJ
My Jeep Page

· Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i've been doing some research and i think i'm going to build one of these ladder style bars myself,
how did you mount the front end? i see the shackle type mount, did you bolt/weld yours to your transfercase skid plate?

also any idea how far away from the alxe tube the rear links need to be, i'm thinking maybe only 3 inches, i don't want the bottom one hanging way down.

3/4tonYJ
My Jeep Page

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.