Off Roading Forums banner

combo axle truss / differential protection

909 views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  aftermarket4x4 
#1 ·
Has anyone seen these before?

http://mo-offroad.com/Axletrusses.htm

They look pretty beefy, and $250 doesn't seem like a bad deal. I'm going to email them and see if they have ever done a zuk axle.

Is anyone else offering anything similar?

#2 ·
Looks just like the one in the January edition of FourWheeler Magazine. Might work, but I would really recommend using a truss that extends all the way accross the axle to the bearing cups. If you truss it to the inside of the leaf springs then you will just bend the axle at the outside of the spring perches. Your best bet is to go with a weld on truss on top of the axle or the rear of it like the Spidertrax truss.

Sean

#3 ·
Thanks Sean,

I kinda like the look of this thing, and the fact that I can swap it from axle to axle would be a real bonus.

When I first looked at it, I thought that it had tube running underneath the diff. I thought that this would be a help for sliding over big rocks, even if it meant losing an 1" of clearance.

Now that I see the tube runs over top, and that the primary purpose is just to truss the axle, I think I agree that I would rather have the Spidertrax (or similar).

Anybody ever consider making something like this, but with tube or tubes underneath for rock protection on the diff?

#5 ·
Yup, seen those before.

Kinda liked the look of the tube stuff.

OK, Sean, I'm stuck at work. What's your excuse for hanging out on the BBS on Turkey Day?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.