Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now I'm running a 2 1/2" spring lift in the factory spring under configuration. My tires are 33x12.50 and everything will "just" manage to stuff the wheel wells. I would like to go to 35's when I do my gear change and figure I will need a total of about 4" of lift to be able to stuff the 35's without any interference. Rather than buy a new lift what I would "like" to do is combine my current 2 1/2" springs with some factory leaves to achieve my 4". Is this feasible and if so what particular leaves should I be using from the factory packs? If I remember corrrectly the fronts have 7 and the rears 5? I don't really want to go SOA because that has it's own set of problems and I don't want to end up too tall, which also has it's drawbacks.

·
Registered
7,958 Posts
Adding leaves in a SUA setup won't gain you any lift at all, it'll just put the springs closer to the ground. Why not go SOA with some flat springs, that'll give you about 4-5" of lift, and if done right is very nice. Otherwise you could sell the 2.5" and buy some 4" springs.

JEEPN
Winter Harbor, Maine
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled, It's a Jeep, Chevy, IHC kinda thing!
'88.5 Zuki, 5" Calmini, Locked, Swamped, Rolled, and just generally broken in right!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts