Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to change my 86 CJ7 from mechcanical clutch linkage to hydraulic. I know about the the articles on the web that show how to do
this by modifing the existing clutch pedal. I'd prefer not to do this. What I'd like to know is, will the stock clutch pedal from an 80 - 84 CJ
with the 4 cyl motor and hydraulic clutch be a bolt - in to my 86 CJ7?

Gary

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Gary -

I can't answer the bolt in question, but why not make the mod to your existing pedal assembly? I've done this (a little differently then how monsterslayer.com) and it is incredibly simple, and works fine.

Jim O'Brien
[email protected]
My jeep page

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
rkcrawl, I don't have access to a welder and I want to be able to undo the conversion if I don't like how it works, so that's why I don't want
to mess with the stock pedal.

Gary

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, the 4 cylinder pedal arm fits perfectly. You may have one already in there! You can tell if yours is one by looking for a stud, about 2" down from the pivot, for the master cylinder rod. If you do have to change it, be aware that some CJ clutch pedals have an extremely strong return spring that has to be removed. Most late CJs, such as yours, have a relatively weak one.
Hope this helps, good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts