Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif This problem sounds SO familiar/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif.....except in my case it was my GMC 3/4 ton 350 V8 w/ four speed tranny. FIRST the linkage to the clutch arm broke...then the bellcrank arm...then a fulcrum pin on the pressure plate(Which of course meant dumping the clutch out)...then the pedal broke off...FINALLY the pressure plate broke AGAIN. THIS TIME I wised up and before I put in a replacement 12" Borg and Beck 12-spring pressure plate, I laid that sucker on the back deck of the service truck and torch cut one spring out of each of the three groups. Guess what? Yep...never broke again; AND I could actually sit at a stop with my clutch depressed and not have my leg start shaking. A 100% beef(all springs in)12" B&B clutch is what we used to hold big Hemi Chryslers for cat's sake! TOTALLY overkill on a dinky GM 350. With the 75% beef clutch(9 out of 12 springs in) I could still hang the loaded pickup on a vertical ramp with no sweat! PLUS...I wasn't wearing out that dinky little thrust surface on the one main bearing that holds the crank in the same county as the rods./wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif GET LESS CLUTCH!! /wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

CJDave

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.