Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My '94 Wrangler four-banger needs an overhaul and I'm thinking of replacing the stock cam with a Clifford 264. Any experience with this cam? Does it make a noticeable difference in power/torque? Any pitfalls? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
I wonder ......what emissions environment that you intend to operate the vehicle in? I would think that any cam that substantially boosts output ....will more than likely put the vehicle out of spec.

GeeAea

Figures don't lie ....... but liars sure do figure.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I want to maintain emissions legality and while Clifford's cams aren't C.A.R.B. exempted, I think that's probably because Clifford has opted not to go to the huge trouble and expense of certifying their cams. Their 264H EFI is designed for injected engines and the advertised duration is only 6 degrees less than the stock cam, even though the lift is significantly greater. I'm guessing that it would still pass a smog check.

Texas Mojo /wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif
94 YJ, 2.5, AX5, 231, 4.11s w/EZLockers, 31/10.50R15 BFG MTs

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
do they say using that cam will show alot of power inprovement? i'm looking something to give my 2.5 a little more pep, will that do it?
thanks

(\/)ikey
1988 Wrangler Laredo 4.2L w/5spd Manual
1995 Wrangler 2.5L w/ 5spd Manual-dixie horn

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm trying to get the Clifford guys to send me some dyno results. If I have any luck, I'll post what I find out.

Texas Mojo /wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif
94 YJ, 2.5, AX5, 231, 4.11s w/EZLockers, 31/10.50R15 BFG MTs

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.