Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 225 has been clicking at a regular rate at idle. "tick, tick, tick..." Rev it up a little and it goes away, calms down and click returns. What is it and what should I do about it? Thanks!

·
Registered
10,815 Posts
Need more info - could be anything from a loud Timex to a belt, an alternator, lifter, wrist pin, or flex plate.

Where's it coming from - front, rear, middle, left, right, how loud, cold, hot, both etc. Missing, what engine, what trans etc.

Then maybe ---

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Where's it coming from - front, rear, middle, left, right, how loud, cold, hot, both etc. Missing, what engine, what trans etc.

Coming from inside the engine, hot or cold. 225 w/ TH400

·
Registered
148 Posts
Could be a lot of different things, has it been getting progressively worse? My old 71 w/225 had a habit of eating timimg chain tensioners, when it had chewed through the composite block on the tensioner it would tick on the metal backing. Check to see how much slop you have in you timing chain. Could be something else, but that's pretty easy thing to check. You don't want to throw a chain, it could get ugly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.