Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Clearing 33\'s with just a 3 inch body lift?

I have a 1990 chevy 3/4 ton.(light duty 3/4 ton still has 6 lug wheels)

I was wondering If I could clear 33's.I plan on probably getting BFG mud terrains on American racing baja's.I don't have the money for a suspension lift right now.And I still have to get the truck painted and lots of stuff to do to it.

What backspacing are U guys running?Also is a 12.50 to wide or what thanks

I was also wondering can I use a 15 inch wheel.Because I have the dana 60 rearend and it has pretty big brake drums and didn't know if a 15 would clear it.

·
Registered
7,863 Posts
Re: Clearing 33\'s with just a 3 inch body lift?

Sigh

Ok, there is a nice big sticky post at the top saying new users read this first. But obviously you didn't, or you just plain didn't comprehend. Anyway, I took time from my life and did a search for you and came up with this, enjoy: Click Me

Did you swap that 60 in there? Cause it isn't stock.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
322 Posts

Are you sure that's a 60? Unless it's swapped in there it's probably a corporate 14 bolt semi-floater. If you have 6 lug wheels on it now, 15's will fit.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Ok it probably is a 14 bolt.How do these rearends compare to a dana 60?I am building a 383 with vortec head and I had planned to put it in a 86 camaro.But I am selling the camaro to help pay my parents for this truck.So I have a vortec 383 for nothing.I was thinking of swapping it into this truck.I don't plan on getting over 35's on this truck.

Sorry for the mistake.I am still learning!

·
Registered
6,137 Posts

the 14SF should do fine for 35s....of course, anything can break if you try, but, i'd much rather have the 14sf than a 10bolt

·
Registered
1,545 Posts

I know a few people running that setup and it seems to work fine, might need to trim the bumper a little and it may rub a little elsewhere if you flex it out a lot.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

The 14 bolt SF is not much weaker than a D60.
The ring gear is onlt 1/4" smaller, and the axles are a lil bit smaller. now the 10 bolt is just plain WEAK!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.