Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I recently purchased an 88 SE-V6 regular cab for $300(without an engine). Anyway I've put an engine in and I have 31' BFGs on it. My friends and I have noticed that there seems to more than the average clearance than the regular SE-V6. As far as I can tell there is no body or suspension lift. Do any of you know of certain years or models having more clearance than others?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I know the Hardbodies come stock with more clearance than the Pathfinder's, but I think the clearance level's between the individual models are a little different depending on the model and type of package that come's with them. I can't be 100% sure on this but I've seen this to, I've just never really put much effort in to look into it? Sorry!

Chris J.
/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gifIf you can't Drive It, Drag It?/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you comparing it to trucks with the same style of rims? My truck is a '95 and it appears to have more tire clearance than most I've seen and I know that the torsion bars have not been cranked up because I bought it new. However, I do have my 31s on the stock chrome rim not the alloy. Could be the difference. You might check to see if the torsion bars have been adjusted. They say you can go up about 2-3" that way.

sb

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have after factory rims from an Izusu. That may be the cause. I will check the torsion bars to see if they have been adjusted. Thanks for the imput.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts