Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the entire column wired and the info was almost perfect except the brake switch tie in with the blinkers. Could you possibly check that book of yours for me and try to figure out how Pontiac did it.
Thanks for everything, Mike

·
Official Curmudgeon
4,707 Posts
RUDY! (rn't u done yet?)

Ok, got it. I didn't realize the '83 had separate stop lights and turn signals. Duh! /wwwthreads_images/icons/blush.gif Cotton pickin' new
fangled #%[email protected]*%$# automobiles anyway./wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif Yeah, I know it's not new but a throwback to the '40,
including the center mounted brake light, but still ...

I digress, here's the 411

Turn signal
ppl - from signal flasher
brn - from hazard flasher
dk blu - right front turn signal
lt blu - left front turn signal
dk grn - right rear brake/turn signal
yel - left rear brake/turn signal

There is one more wire which they didn't use so they didn't give me a color. For your application you will need to connect the wire from the brake light switch to it. It is circuit #17 and you should read continuity between it and both the dk grn and yellow wires (to the rear brake/turn signals) with the turn lever in the center position.

So how's it going so far. How did the column fit the dash and the steering shaft?

Don't get you ankle caught in the steering wheel when you step on the dimmer switch./wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.